We talked to all the doctors this afternoon and Ben continues to improve. His heartrate and respiration are both doing great. He is on the vapo-therm but they will be cutting that back so that he can go on a regular oxygen tube. After he does well on that he will be moved off ICU which may still be a few days. He is doing great with his feedings and got his new IV. He will for sure have to have the feeding tube until he is done with the vapo-therm. After that is gone I should get to nurse him. His chest x-rays are showing an improvement in the pneumonia.
The best news is we get to hold him now! We were really excited about that.
We also learned that he will have to be on antibiotics for 10 days. Therefore, we will for sure be here until May 6th. No guarantees that we will be able to leave then but we know that another week is the minimum. We were a little surprised that it was for sure going to be that much longer but we want to make sure he is 100% before we take him home.
6 comments:
Wow....that picture is a real tear-jerker!!! So precious! I'm so excited to hear that baby Ben is making improvement. A lot of prayers has been going up for him! I think God has something special in mind for that little guy!! God bless you all!!!
Kay High :o)
That's the best picture I have ever seen! I can't wait to hold the little guy myself. Love ya sis. So glad things are looking better everyday.
Thinking of you guys!! We sure remember those roller coaster days. So glad things are getting better. Hope you guys get home soon!!
Matt, Amanda and Evan
Mary I am so happy to hear that baby Ben is doing well...I already typed a book to you...but it a wrong button on my blackberry and lost it all! Btw I am Michelle (Reed) Rogers. Ilene and my mom were friends when we lived in Valier so Jeff and I were together a lot as children. Now we have all grown up with babies of our own! I just wanted to tell you guys that there are thousands of people praying for your little man! He is on every prayer chain we could find and those without prayer chains sent e-mails to friends just asking for prayers! Prayer is an amazing thing and when you are asking God for a miracle...it helps to have lots of people reminding him of your little man! Abbie and Sonya have been keeping me posted and I update the prayer chain updaters (totally made up that position for lack of a better word!)! My sis and I both have new little guys as well! My baby Camden is 6 weeks today and her baby Garett is 10 days younger. We were actually due the same day! My sis and Lindy Jo are the same age. My heart has ached for you guys and I can't hardly ask for prayers without crying (hormones!) but am so very happy to hear some good news! We will all continue to pray! Oh and btw...ur little miss Ava, is totally fine having a bink still! Cole turned 3 in March and takes a bink once in a while and Kennedy is 22 mos old and only takes her bink out to eat, take a bottle, bite her brother or give kisses! And now that baby Camden is here potty training the 3 year old aint happening and breaking the 22 month old of the bottle...yep that aint happening either! Anyway all our love, thoughts and prayers coming ur way! Tell that little boy that he is loved...by people that don't even know him and to get better soon! And since my little man has been sleeping for 2 hours already...I should hit the hay so I can fall asleep just in time to wake up and feed him! I'm sure you are looking forward to nursing again soon! Hope to meet you and Ben some day!
We are friends with Brad/Abbie and Marty/Saundra. I know we have met at one the girls' birthday parties. We have been praying for Baby Ben since we first heard the news. We will continue to pray as he improves for all of our physical, emotional and spiritual strength. Very happy to see you are able to hold him, I am sure that will speed his recovery and ease your minds. Wishing you all the best.
Kristi Gooch
Mary--I'm so glad to see you are finally able to hold Ben. I'm sorry that you have to spend more time in the hospital and away from Ava, but thankful that Ben is making progress every day and will be able to go home a healthy, happy baby. You all are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment