Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Night

Ben had a really good night last night. He is getting 2 oz of milk every 3 hours through his feeding tube and doing really well with it. When the 3 hours are up he starts fussing because he is getting hungry. I'm really glad that he is alert enough to know he is hungry. The last 2 days he has woke up at 4:30 p.m. and then wakes up periodically all night but he's pretty content. I think his days and nights are messed up but I'm thrilled he is alert so much - I don't care what time it is.

Today they are probably going to try taking him off the c pap because his breathing is doing really well. He will go on vapo-therm which is another type of oxygen tube but not as strong as the c pap. They will also put in the new iv later today. I hope that it won't be long and we will get to hold him but for now we just yack his little ear off. I'm sure he wishes his crazy parents would be quiet.

Jeff & I are doing well. They have really good accommodations here for parents. We can both be in his room all the time except only 1 of us can sleep in here. There's a recliner to sleep in so we are getting some rest. Down the hall is a parent's lounge with recliners, cots, a bathroom, and refrigerator. Our parents are spending all their time down there and one of us sleeps there at night.

3 comments:

Kocher Family said...

Hey guys- we are still thinking of you and I know a little of what you are going through. I'm not sure you remember but Kayla had rsv at 3 weeds old. She was in St Anthonys for 5 days. Your doing great Mary! Hang in there. Ben will be 5 years old and healthy before you know it ;) I know this is the Scariest time in your life. Stay strong!

Phil and Jo Boyd said...

We are so happy to hear all the progress that Ben is making. Praise God!! Our prayer is that he grows stronger every day and that God grants you strength and peace of mind. Take care.

Phil and Jo Boyd

busdriverjane@otecom.net said...

Jeff & Mary, There hasn't been a day go by that I have not thought about you. I'm so Thankful things are looking up. If there is ANYTHING I can do, you know where I am. Levi weighed a little over 3 lbs. when he was born and was in the hospital for a month. Look at him now :-) I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Take care of each other.