Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Big Girl!

With the new baby coming Ava is already starting to be a big girl. I know it will seem like she will grow up very fast in the next few weeks.

We have not really been working on potty training but she does like to sit on her potty. She has only pottied in it 2 times but that is a start. The other day she thought it would be a better idea for her dolly to sit on it and Ava to sit in the baby stroller.
This past weekend we moved her to a big girl bed. She is keeping the same room she had but the spare bed is now hers. We haven't redone her room yet because her bedding is on backorder. I was worried sick about taking her out of her baby bed but she has done great. She has always been a really good sleeper and I was worried this would change things.
Ava's old furniture is now in the baby room. As you can see we painted it tan with a blue and green stripe around it. I was really pleased with how it turned out. Jeff was not excited about painting that stripe but he did a great job. The bedding is a sports theme. We still have some other stuff to move into the room but it is definitely ready for the baby when he comes.

4 comments:

Sissy said...

Love the potty training picture I am sure she will get the hang of it quickly. She looks soooo little in that big bed! Love the nursery can't wait for that little guy to get here.

Kocher Family said...

His room is beautiful. I love it! Good Luck with Ava. I'm sure she will live up to your expectations!

Kelly R said...

Very cool idea with the walls! I wouldn't have patience with the stripe!! Looks like he did great!

Sara B. said...

The room looks great!! Super cute!