Monday, April 27, 2009

THANK YOU!

I know Martha has kept her blog updated with Ben's progress and everyone has been reading that but I thought I could post tonight. I had to wait until I had good news before I could post anything.

As far as new info goes since Martha's last update Ben is still doing well without the ventilator. He still has an oxygen tube in his nose. They did increase the size of that tube because it seemed he was working a little hard to breathe. But he is very stable. I guess he thought he knew more than the drs and decided it was time for him to be without a ventilator. He has been alert several times which was one of the happiest things I could see - my little guy looking at mommy. He was very lethargic all day Saturday & even somewhat on Friday so I hadn't seen him this alert in days. His grandparents even got to come and in and see him awake which made their day. He still cannot eat because they want to make sure that he will for sure be okay without the breathing tube. He currently doesn't have a feeding tube. When they decide he can have milk they will then determine if he needs a feeding tube or if I can nurse him.

Thank yous go out to so many - Number 1 on the list would of course be God. I've never prayed so hard in my life. Thanks to all of you who helped by praying also. Thank you to Riley's. Riley's is a wonderful place. God forbid anyone have to be here but the nurses and drs are great. Our parents have been wonderful support. And thank you sis for taking care of my other baby. I know she is probably having more fun with her cousins than she would at home so I haven't had to worry about her at all. Ava loves her Aunt Martha and Uncle Jeff. Thanks so much everyone for your prayers, thoughts, and calls. We can't use our cell phones in ICU but we got your messages. Please keep praying for a speedy recovery.

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Wow, so good to hear good news! We're thinking of you all!

Kocher Family said...

Very happy to hear Ben is doing better. We will continue to pray for him!

ldusablon said...

That is great news! We will continue to pray for Ben's full recovery and his family.