Monday, April 20, 2009

LIfe with 2 kids

Well I am going to have to admit - life with 2 kids is a little harder than I had imagined. We are starting to get into a pretty good routine though and it is going good. That first week I had a major lack of sleep. Ben is starting to sleep for 3 hour stretches in his bed which had made things significantly easier. He also sleeps a big part of the day & I am now able to lay him down for a most of that time which is now allowing me to spend more time with Ava. The first few days he wanted held alot. Which of course I would love to do but isn't possible with a 2 year old. Here are a few pics from Ben's first week.

Big cousin Alli is very good with Ben.

Our nieces - Hannah & Kirsten - came up to meet their new cousin on Saturday.

Ben's 1st real bath. Big sister thought this would be a good way for her to help.

Snoozing away.

Ava loves nothing more than changing her clothes a 100 times a day or better yet not having pants on. Here she thought she should wear her jacket and crocs - no pants.

2 comments:

Kocher Family said...

Congrats to you and Jeff! I remember when I had Kyle, Kayla was.....2 years old. Very much a challenge! Thank God Kyle was a good baby...... Not so much a good 3 year old now. ALL BOY! But we wouldn't have it any other way. Ben is adorable. Hope you catch up on sleep!

Kelly R said...

He is so cute!! If you make it to Stamp Night next month at my house bring Ben along!!! I can't wait to see him!! Congrats!