Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Follow Up With Hematologist

Ben has his follow up appointment for the blood clot in his leg yesterday. The hematologist said his right leg was still visibly bigger than the left (which I already realized) so that meant the clot was still there. He said there was no need to even do a sonogram on it. We have to continue the injections longer. They did up the dosage amount in each syringe so now I will only have to give it to him 1 time a day instead of twice which I am much happier about. The doctor said with babies it is hard for the clot to go away since they don't use their legs. It is possible we will have to continue the shots until he is walking. If that's the case I hope he is an early walker. He doesn't mind the shots that much but I just tired of sticking him.

We had a really nice weekend in Indy. I will try to post some pictures sometime today. Martha & I had lunch with Lindsey today in Robinson. Ava wanted to go home with Martha so I let her. Therefore, I should have plenty of time to post pictures. Actually, it worked out really good because we are having everyone over Friday evening for Ben's baptism so there is lots of stuff I want to get done. Thanks Sis!

1 comment:

Kirts' Family said...

You should be working instead of wasting time on the computer while I have Ava. Just kidding. You spend your quiet time however you please. Maybe I should be spending time with Ava instead of wasting time on the computer.