Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday

Today's report was very favorable. I knew to trust a mommy's instinct and not get down from yesterday's report. His pneumonia has improved. His oxygen levels are staying really good so he got the nasal canula late this morning. They may try to completely wean him from the oxygen tonight. For his 3:00 feeding he got to try a bottle and did great. Again at 6 he did awesome so he is probably done with the feeding tube. I'm not sure that he is going to get to nurse for a while because they want to monitor intake and outtake plus they want him to have a consistent flow.

The only disappointing news we got today is no visitors - not just for Ben at the entire hospital. There have been reported cases of Swine Flu in Indiana so they are not allowing any visitors besides parents of patients. I'm disappointed because Martha and Jeff were coming up tomorrow and I was looking forward to seeing them. I know Martha really wanted to see Ben so she is pretty disappointed. I also know that Ben's grandparents are going to be really upset too. I don't know if the media is making a bigger deal out of Swine Flu than it is or not. If not - everyone be on guard against all those germs - wash those hands.

Boredom will be setting in soon in this hospital room. I have ran out of things to surf on the internet, tired of magazines, and don't like tv that much. All you bloggers out there - I sure enjoy reading your blogs so keep up your posts so I can be entertained. I'm so glad my mind has the opportunity to be bored though. The first couple days I didn't even turn on the tv because my brain couldn't think about anything else.

4 comments:

The Pepmeier's said...

Mary & Jeff we are so glad that Benjamin is doing better. Prayer is a wonderful thing. Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers

Cole Kennedy and Camdens Mom said...

Do ya all have a mailing address up there? I have a little care package that you could use more up there than at home! Oh, and do ya have an iTouch or iPod?

M Patchett said...

That's very nice of you. Our address is 702 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis IN 46202. We don't have our iPod here but we do have our mac so we have our iTunes.

Sara B. said...

Hi Mary,

I will try to get my butt in gear this weekend and put up some new posts for you! I am so happy to hear your little Ben keeps improving!! Love Ya, Sara