Last night at 1:30 a.m. I was sound asleep in Ben's room when the nurse tapped me on the arm and told me we were moving off ICU. What a great time to do this. ICU was full and they needed a bed for a new patient - Ben was the healthiest baby up there so it was time to make our move. For those of you who know me well - you know that new situations make me a nervous wreck. I had got used to the routine, procedures, & people on ICU & of course I wanted Ben to move to a regular floor but I was finally comfortable there. They moved him to the Infant Unit instead of Pediatrics which made me feel better. As soon as we got up here the nurses made us feel very comfortable. This unit appears to be newly remodeled and as everything else here at Riley's it is very accommodating for the parents. The only downside is we no longer have a private room but thats okay. It was a little difficult sleeping in a room surrounded by lots of infants down the hall. Needless to say there was a lot of crying at different times. This place makes you realize how lucky you are.
Continuing to see lots of improvements in Ben. We are so very lucky. Thanks again for all your thoughts & prayers.
18 months
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment