Friday, November 21, 2008

What a disappointment

I had an exciting weekend planned to go to Chicago and it all got ruined. Jeff left for Chicago Thursday morning for the Illinois School Board Convention. After school today, I was to ride the train up and meet him and spend the weekend shopping, site seeing, and eating out. I was thrilled. Yesterday, Ava had to come home sick from daycare with a stomach virus. Nana & Poppy saved the day and came up to take her back home with them for the weekend. However, I woke up this morning sick also. Unbelievable, I am quite certain I haven't called in sick for myself in 7 years and I am sick today. I am starting to feel a little better but not well enough to travel that far. So now it is a Friday night and I have no husband and no baby at home for the entire weekend. Jeff told me it is was so cold in Chicago I would be miserable anyway. Oh well - there is always next year. I am grateful though - being sick is not fun and I haven't had the opportunity to experience it in a while. I guess there is always a bright side - and think of the money I will save. Hope everyone else stays healthy.

No comments: